Monday, February 7, 2011

Psalm 16

"No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety. 
For you will not leave my soul among 
the dead
or allow your holy one to rot in the 
grave.
You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever."
Psalm 16:9-11

Psalm 16 is a Psalm of praise to God.   Most of the time when we pray we come with requests, and petitions, but David in this Psalm praises God for who He is.    David thanks God for his inheritance, for his land, for his guidance, for God being there for him, for godly people, for every good thing, for pleasures, for life eternal.   All these things come out of this Psalm.

Part of finding joy in life, is expressing your blessings to God.  A thankful heart melts away discouragement better than most medications.   Take time today to express to God your thankfulness ... and you will notice that your day will be filled joy that comes from knowing Him who created Joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment