Saturday, January 22, 2011

Psalms 3 - Victory from the Lord

I don't know what version of the bible your reading from, but I enjoy the New Living Translation though sometimes it is a little wonky.  Anyway, I love what the NLT says about 3:7  "Arise, O Lord! Rescue me, my God!  Slap all my enemies in the face!  Shatter the teeth of the wicked!"    That's like gangsta talk, but true dat!  lol, what I do get out of that is that David is leaving the vengeance to God isn't he?   God is the one in control, and He'll judge the wicked.    Sometimes we like to get all angry and puffed up, but things that upset us we've gotta give up to the Lord, instead of us doing God's work in the vengeance department.   Don't forget what we NEED to do, pray for our enemies... that's our roll... let God do his.  (Matt. 5:44)


No comments:

Post a Comment