Friday, January 21, 2011

Psalm Chapter 2

Here it talks about rulers that don't want to bow to God's authority, and try to plot against God, and his 'chosen king' (David) on the throne.  It talks about the joy people will have when they take refuge in that king.

In the NLT version I'm reading out of ..it says in vs. 12 "Submit to God's royal son." And David was the chosen king for Israel (Not Saul who was chosen by the people, not God).    For us, I can see this relation to submitting to Christ, who is God's chosen SON.   David sang about the refuge of God in 2 Samuel 22:2-4 "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.   He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.  I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies."

We have that same refuge in the Lord.  No matter what trouble comes our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment